This video demonstrates the PHP 7.1 version. While multiple versions for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows exist, including non-thread and thread-safe options, learn more about the 64-bit version installation and why it is important to match the version with other AMP components.
- [Instructor] The most recent version of PHP,…as of the time of this recording, is PHP 7.1.…You can get the binaries for PHP for Microsoft Windows…from this webpage at windows.php.net/download.…There are multiple packages available.…There are versions for 32 and 64 bit Windows,…and there are versions that are marked…as thread safe and non-thread safe.…When you're working with Apache,…you should always use the thread safe downloads,…and you should use the version for your copy of Windows.…
I'm working with 64 bit Windows,…so I'm using this package marked as VC14 x64 Thread Safe.…And I've already downloaded that as a zip to my desktop.…Just as with Apache, you need to make sure…that you've installed the Windows C++…redistributable version 14 for Visual Studio 15.…Now, I already checked that when I installed Apache,…so I know it's in place.…So my next step then is to extract my PHP files.…
The PHP files don't have a top level folder,…so I'm going to extract the zip file…and create a top level folder at the same time.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.