Learn where to find software and installers for MySQL in this video, including the software versions compatible with macOS going back to Yosemite.
- [Instructor] The free Community Edition of MySQL…can be downloaded from the MySQL website.…Start off at mysql.com/downloads,…then scroll down to the bottom…and look for MySQL Community Edition, and click the link.…You can Download the Community Server…and the graphical interface for managing MySQL,…MySQL Workbench from this website.…On the Community Server page you'll find a number…of different files available.…I recommend Downloading the DMG Archive.…
I also recommend Downloading MySQL Workbench…which you can get to from the previous screen…and there's only one file available for that installation.…I've already Downloaded both DMG files to my desktop…and I'll start with installing the Server.…I'll double click on the DMG file…and then once it opens I'll double click…to run the Installer Package.…I'll step through the first couple of dialogs…and then I'll click Install.…You'll see that this Installer is very simple…to get started with, with no real options.…
When you're prompted…for your Administrator Password type it in…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.