Learn where the installers for the Windows MySQL software can be downloaded and how to add the software to the AMP stack installation.
- [Instructor] You can download the MySQL installer…for Windows from mysql.com/downloads.…At the bottom of this page, look for…the MySQL Community Edition, and click the Downloads link.…Then click the Download link under MySQL Community Server.…Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll find…a link to the installer.…There are a few different versions.…I'm going to use the MSI Installer.…It says X86, 32-bit, but it actually includes…64-bit versions of both MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench,…the graphical interface for managing MySQL databases.…
I've already downloaded the MSI file to my desktop,…and I'll start it up here by double-clicking.…I'll go through the first few prompts until I get…to the Setup Type screen.…There are a few different setup types you can choose.…I'm going to show you how to do a minimal setup…that includes just the server and MySQL Workbench.…If you need other components, you can choose them…from the screen I'm about to go to.…I'll choose Custom and click Next.…Now, I'll drill down through the MySQL Server section,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.