Learn how to install MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench on Ubuntu Linux using the apt-get package manager. This video demonstrates commands needed and then shows how to open the database in MySQL Workbench for the first time.
- [Instructor] Just like Apache and PHP,…you can install MySQL, the database server,…and the graphical user interface MySQL Workbench…from the command line in Ubuntu Linux.…I'll got to terminal, and I'll start with my SQL,…with sudo…apt-get…install…and then mysql-server.…If prompted for my password, I'll type it in,…and then after I see the listing of components…that are going to be downloaded, I'll confirm.…Now, this is an even larger installation…than either Apache or PHP,…so it might be worth taking a moment away from the computer…and coming back in a couple of minutes,…but when the download is completed,…you'll see this dialog asking you to enter a root password.…
As with all of my installations,…I'm using a very simple root password.…I'm just using the word root again,…and I'll type it twice and confirm.…After I've entered my root password to configure the server,…the installation will then complete.…If you see any other dialogs pop up during the installation,…just accept the defaults and continue.…When you come back to the prompt,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.