The MAMP software bundle is available in the standard MAMP and MAMP Pro versions, and is one of the easiest ways to get started with Apache, MySQL, and PHP on macOS X. Learn where to download the software and the installation process.
- [Instructor] The MAMP software bundle…is one of the easiest ways to get started…with Apache, MySQL, and PHP on Mac OS.…There's also a version of MAMP now for Windows…but it's more recent, and rather than using this…on Windows, I do recommend using WAMPServer.…On Mac though, this is the easiest and fastest way…to install the entire bundle.…From the main webpage at mamp.info,…go to the DOWNLOADS page,…and then just download the installer.…This installer includes both the free MAMP bundle…and the paid MAMP PRO.…
The MAMP PRO bundle gives you other capabilities…that you probably don't need…for very basic, local development.…I've already downloaded the installer package…to my desktop, and I'll start it from here.…After going through the first couple of screens,…I'll get to this screen that tells me…that the installation is about to happen.…The default installation location…will be on your MacintoshHD harddisk,…if that's what you've named it,…and you'll be installing the software…to the Applications directory.…
It'll take just a few moments to copy everything into place,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.