Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Inspecting how session data is stored, part of PHP: Managing Persistent Sessions.
- Assuming you configured sessions…on your testing server with an HTXS…or a user.ini file, run php info again.…The updated session settings should be displayed…in the local value column, and they'll override…any values that are displayed on the master value.…For example, session.cookie_httponly,…the local value is now on, whereas the master value was off.…So, that means this is now enabled…and will be able to accept the cookie…only over http.…
Session.cookie_path has been changed to /persistent,…that's the name of the directory that I'm testing in.…And session.name has been changed to LyndaSession…instead of the default PHPSESSID.…So, the testing environment is now ready…for developing persistent sessions.…But, before going any further,…I think it's useful to inspect the default way…the php stores session data in text files.…So, I'm just going to scroll down,…and what I'm looking for is session.save_path.…
On my testing server, it's on the C drive…in the xamp directory and the tmp sub-directory.…So, that's where I'm going to have to look…
- Configuring sessions
- Inspecting how session data is stored
- Implementing persistent sessions
- Creating a SQL database to store session data
- Implementing the PHP SessionHandlerInterface
- Writing session data
- Closing and destroying sessions
- Creating an auto-login system with persistent sessions
- Creating persistent logins
- Checking out visitor credentials
- Authenticating users
- Logging out users selectively
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Sessions and Security
2. Preparing the Database
Connecting to the database5m 49s
3. Storing Session Data in MySQL
4. Creating an Autologin System
5. Testing the Autologin System
Final thoughts3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.