Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Increase complexity, part of Easy PHP Projects: Single-Serving Sites.
- In the last movie we learned to create random sentences…with some level of complexity to them.…There's almost no limit to how much complexity…we could continue to add.…I'm going to do one more real quick just to show you,…with our subjects we've also got quantities here like some…and some adjectives like dumb.…So what if we wanted to have subject quantities…and subject adjectives?…We could do that as well.…Let's say that right after subject…$subject_quantity = pick_random…and it'll also pick from the quantities.…
Same array used in two different places.…And let's do…$subject_adjective…and let's do = pick_random…from our adjectives.…Now of course we have to do the same kind of…pluralization here using our…$subject_quantity…and using our…$subject…put the dollar sign in from of both of those…so it works the exact same way.…And we need to modify our subjects.…
Let's take out My neighbor\'s dog…let's just remove that all together…and let's take Some dumb programmer…and A scary clown…and then we can actually add here…to our adjectives list.…
- Finding and validating an IP address with PHP
- Parsing the HTTP request for browser details
- Comparing dates and times in PHP
- Randomizing data with PHP
- Styling page content dynamically
- Generating random sentences
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is My IP Address?
2. Browser Mirror
3. Is it New Years Yet?
4. Random Data and Styling
5. Random Phrase Generator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.