Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of PHP Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you're a premium member of the lynda.com training library, you will have access to the exercise files that are used throughout this title. In order to make use of the exercise files, you'll want to first make sure that you install and configure PHP and a web server. The course, Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP, can help you to get those installed on Mac, Windows, or Linux. The exercise files are arranged by chapter and by movie. You can find the exercise files that correspond to the movie that you're watching by first looking for the chapter number and then the movie number.
You'll want to copy the contents of the exercise files into your web document root directory. On my Mac, that's going to be inside my user directory in the Sites directory. It's always a good idea to make a copy of the exercise files so that you still have the original to refer back to if you make changes. I'm going to Option drag the folder to create a copy. Once you have the same files and the same database, you'll be able to work right along with me. Don't forget, you can also use the exercise files to check your work as you go along.
If you're a monthly or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you won't have the exercise files that accompany this tutorial, but you can follow along with me. Everything that's in the exercise files we will create during the tutorials. So, as long as you continue to work along with me, your files will exactly mirror what's in the exercise files. Remember that you can pause the video or rewind if you need more time to copy something down.
- What is PHP?
- Embedding PHP code on a page
- Inserting code comments
- Variables, strings, arrays, and Booleans
- If, else, and elseif statements
- While and for loops
- User-defined functions
- Function arguments and return values
- Debugging and troubleshooting
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. First Steps
3. Explore Data Types
4. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
5. Control Structures: Loops
6. User-Defined Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.