Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Easy PHP Projects: Time Zone Conversion.
- [Voiceover] Some users will have access to the Exercise Files that are used throughout this title. The Exercise Files are arranged by chapter and by movie. And, you can find the Exercise Files that correspond to the movie that you're watching by first looking for the chapter number, and then, the movie number. You will want to copy the contents of the Exercise Files folders into your Web Document Root Directory. That is the directory which your web server uses by default. If you're on a Mac configured like mine, that will be the Sites Directory inside your User Directory. If you're using a special package, like Map or WAMP, they may be configured to use a special directory of their own.
Once you've identified your Web Document Root Directory, you can copy over the file. It's always a good idea to make a copy of the Exercise Files, so that you still have the original to refer back to if you make changes. I will Option drag the file in order to create a new copy. Once you have the files in place, you will be able to work right along with me. If you do not have the Exercise Files that accompany this tutorial, you can still follow along with me. Everything that's in the Exercise Files will be shown during the tutorial. Remember, that you can pause the video or rewind if you need more time to copy something down.
- Understanding the history and purpose of time zones
- Setting a default time zone in PHP
- Using the PHP DateTime and DateTimeZone classes
- Working with daylight saving time transitions
- Allowing users to select their time zone
- Displaying times in the user's preferred time zone
- Calculating the current times of major cities
- Creating a complete time zone calculator
Skill Level Beginner
1. About Time Zones
2. Default Time Zone
3. Working with Time Zones in PHP
4. User Time Zone Selection
5. Respect the User's Time Zone
6. Current World Times
7. Time Zone Calculator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.