The aim of this video is to give you an overview about social sign on.
- [Instructor] Alright, welcome back.…So we had to take a quick pause with building out…our social authentication in our application.…I wanted to pause real quick and do this video,…because before we can continue further with our application,…we're going to need to understand a few points…about social sign-on and how it works.…Because there's gonna be some concepts here.…We need to create a few controllers and models…and store some information in our database.…And it's not going to really make sense what we're doing…unless you understand how social sign-on works in general.…
Now Socialite's gonna make this process a lot easier,…but this is how it works at a high level.…And then Socialite's gonna handle a lot of…these details for them, but there's still a few points…in the process we need to be aware of.…Okay so throughout this video, we're gonna…talk about how social sign-on works.…We're also gonna talk about what is OAuth,…that we'll explain that here in just a moment.…And then also why it's necessary to use OAuth…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.