- [Voiceover] That concludes this exploration…of using mod_rewrite to create clean PHP URLs…on Apache server.…Using mod_rewrite can feel intimidating to begin with,…but you can achieve a great deal…with just a few simple rewrite rules.…I hope you've enjoyed this course,…and found it useful.…All that remains is for me,…David Powers, to thank you for watching,…and I hope you'll join me again soon…in the Lynda.com online training library.…
Rather than checking URLs individually, David shows how to evaluate and update them sitewide with the Apache mod_rewrite module. Watch these tutorials to learn how to enable mod_rewrite on your server, understand the structure of mod_rewrite rules, remove unnecessary file extensions, convert query strings into readable numbers and text, and use rewrite maps to look up complex values without regular expressions. Plus, learn how to enhance search results and provide searchers with links to specific parts of a webpage.
- Checking your Apache setup
- Creating simple regular expressions
- Removing .php from URLs
- Replacing query strings
- Displaying clean URLs in search results
- Linking to parts of a webpage
- Creating a clean URL for any PHP file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Checking Your Setup
2. Basic URL Rewriting
3. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.