Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Clean PHP URLs on Apache Server.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] That concludes this exploration…of using mod_rewrite to create clean PHP URLs…on Apache server.…Using mod_rewrite can feel intimidating to begin with,…but you can achieve a great deal…with just a few simple rewrite rules.…I hope you've enjoyed this course,…and found it useful.…All that remains is for me,…David Powers, to thank you for watching,…and I hope you'll join me again soon…in the Lynda.com online training library.…
Rather than checking URLs individually, David shows how to evaluate and update them sitewide with the Apache mod_rewrite module. Watch these tutorials to learn how to enable mod_rewrite on your server, understand the structure of mod_rewrite rules, remove unnecessary file extensions, convert query strings into readable numbers and text, and use rewrite maps to look up complex values without regular expressions. Plus, learn how to enhance search results and provide searchers with links to specific parts of a webpage.
- Checking your Apache setup
- Creating simple regular expressions
- Removing .php from URLs
- Replacing query strings
- Displaying clean URLs in search results
- Linking to parts of a webpage
- Creating a clean URL for any PHP file