This video gives you an overview about how to submit new comments.
- [Instructor] Alright now welcome back…now in part three we are going to be working…on actually submitting new comments…and this is going to allow us to submit new comments…via ajax so that they get saved into our database.…But then we're gonna get responses…back from our server as part of the ajax request…and we also want to use that response…to update the DOM instantly…so that users can see their new comment instantly.…Alright so that's what we're gonna be focusing…on in this video.…There's a lot to cover to get this…to happen so we're gonna be moving pretty quickly.…So you may want to pause, rewind,…re-watch this video a few times.…
I'm just kinda warning you ahead of time,…there's a lot to cover so we're gonna move quick.…Alright let's do it, let's jump into the project.…Alright so here we are inside of our host dot show page…and we want to start allowing users to submit comments.…So the best way to do that is to create a method…that we can trigger that will actually post the comment…and submit it to the server.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.