This video gives you an overview about how to configure and install Laravel Echo.
- [Instructor] Alright, so we have finally made it…to section four,…the last and final section of this volume,…and now we're gonna be talking about…a very popular package called Laravel Echo.…This is the last official package…we'll be talking about throughout this volume,…and I kind of saved the best for last because…this is something a lot of people want to talk about,…and a lot of people want to learn about,…and it provides some pretty cool experiences for the users.…So, Laravel Echo is a broadcasting and WebSockets framework.…This is allowing us to basically work with WebSockets,…and that's gonna create live updates on our application,…and this is gonna allow us to do all sorts of cool stuff…without the user needing to refresh their page for anything.…
As soon as something happens, it's automatically pushed down…to every device that's looking at a certain page…or connected to a certain channel,…So, that's one of the things that's really cool about this…is kind of the cool things we can do with WebSockets…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.