Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Finish up, part of Easy PHP Projects: Single-Serving Sites.
- We've learned all the PHP we need…for our single-serving site that will tell us…what our IP address is.…Now, let's put a little polish…on our project to finish it all up.…So to be a proper single-serving site,…we need to actually deliver HTML back to our users.…So let's start with a basic HTML page,…and let's drop the code that we've been working with in here…to give us some styling to make it look nice.…I'm going to save this file.…I'm going to put it in my Sites directory,…and I'm going to call it whatismyip_final.…
This will be the final version of it,…and I'm just going to move that over here.…Let's open up the last one we were working on,…the filtered version.…See it opened up in another tab there.…So we've got all this PHP code here.…I'm going to take all of this code…all the way down to right here.…The rest is sort of the presentation part.…So I'm going to take this part here and copy it.…I don't want to lose it.…I'm going to leave it in the original.…Then right here, the body,…I'm going to paste all of that in.…
- Finding and validating an IP address with PHP
- Parsing the HTTP request for browser details
- Comparing dates and times in PHP
- Randomizing data with PHP
- Styling page content dynamically
- Generating random sentences
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is My IP Address?
2. Browser Mirror
3. Is it New Years Yet?
4. Random Data and Styling
5. Random Phrase Generator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.