Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Final thoughts, part of Managing PHP Persistent Sessions.
- That completes this course…on managing PHP persistent sessions.…Before wrapping up, I'd like to highlight a feature…of the auto-login system.…I've logged back in to the test site…and gone to restricted2.php.…I'm going to select a color from this dropdown menu,…let's say blue, and click Choose.…I'm going to select the URL up there, copy it,…and then open a different browser, and paste that URL…in there, and try to access restricted2.php.…
And, it's taken me directly to the login page.…Even though I'm logged into the first browser,…the second browser doesn't recognize me,…because session cookies aren't shared between browsers.…So, let's log into this second browser.…davidp, and then the password,…and I'm not going to select remember me,…I'm just going to log in, and then go to page 2,…and the color is not displayed.…This is further proof that the sessions in the two browsers…are completely separate.…
So, let's log out, and then log back in again.…This time selecting Remember me, log in,…go to page 2 and the color is now displayed.…
- Configuring sessions
- Inspecting how session data is stored
- Implementing persistent sessions
- Creating a SQL database to store session data
- Implementing the PHP SessionHandlerInterface
- Writing session data
- Closing and destroying sessions
- Creating an auto-login system with persistent sessions
- Creating persistent logins
- Checking out visitor credentials
- Authenticating users
- Logging out users selectively
Skill Level Intermediate
Accessing Databases with Object-Oriented PHPwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Sessions and Security
2. Preparing the Database
Connecting to the database5m 49s
3. Storing Session Data in MySQL
4. Creating an Autologin System
5. Testing the Autologin System
Final thoughts3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.