Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Extending the MysqlSessionHandler class, part of PHP: Managing Persistent Sessions.
- The persistent session handler class extends…MysqlSessionHandler.…If you followed along with me in Chapter Three…you should already have the complete MysqlSessionHandler…definition in the Foundationphp Sessions folder…in the testing site root.…If necessary copy MysqlSessionHandler.php…from the Exercise files for this video.…Then, open the file because we'll need to copy…some code from it.…And, we also need to create a new file for our new class…in the Sessions folder.…
So, New PHP file, and we'll call it…PersistentSessionHandler.php.…Then, at the top of the file we declare the namespace…which is Foundationphp\Sessions…and then declare the class with a class name.…It's PersistentSessionHandler…and it extends MysqlSessionHandler.…
The class will use the protected properties defined…in the trait that was described in the previous video.…So, we need to import it with the use operator.…The trait is in the same namespace so we don't need…to use the fully qualified name,…just PersistentProperties.…The use operator doesn't actually include…
- Configuring sessions
- Inspecting how session data is stored
- Implementing persistent sessions
- Creating a SQL database to store session data
- Implementing the PHP SessionHandlerInterface
- Writing session data
- Closing and destroying sessions
- Creating an auto-login system with persistent sessions
- Creating persistent logins
- Checking out visitor credentials
- Authenticating users
- Logging out users selectively
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Sessions and Security
2. Preparing the Database
Connecting to the database5m 49s
3. Storing Session Data in MySQL
4. Creating an Autologin System
5. Testing the Autologin System
Final thoughts3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.