- View Offline
- Connecting to the database with PDO or MySQL Improved
- Outputting data into a simple text or CSV file
- Generating a spreadsheet
- Creating columns and headers
- Using a class to generate XML
- Creating a page template
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm David Powers. Welcome to Exporting Data with PHP, a practical guide to generating different types of files from a database result. We'll begin with basic formats, plain text and CSV files. Then I'll show you how to generate a professional-looking spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel format with PHP Excel, a powerful open-source library. We'll compare the results with another library that generates OpenDocument spreadsheets.
After taking a look at exporting to rich text format with PHPRtfLite, the final part of the course shows how to generate word process documents in OpenDocument text and Microsoft Word formats. As well as text, you'll embed images in the files. There's a lot to get through, so let's get started exporting data with PHP.