Each framework—be it Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Zend, Yii, or CakePHP, etc.—has its own fine details. One of these details is its file structure. While similar, each framework has its own peculiar structure. Take a small dive into Symfony's file structure and its details and find out where we should keep our code and where we should avoid.
- [Narrator] Every framework has its own file structure.…Some may be similar.…One example of this is Laravel.…Since it's partially based on Symfony.…Others,…May differ a lot.…For example, CodeIgniter.…Let's take a look and see where we will be coding…and where we should not handle things.…Let's drag my first app into Visual Studio Code.…The initial project will have the folders app,…bin, source, test, var, vendor, and web.…Out of these,…We will be working mostly on app and source…and occasionally on web.…
Bin, var, and vendor,…are reserved for either the…core of Symfony tools…or other libraries.…Now let's take a deeper look…into the app folder.…This is where our configuration…and views will be held.…On the config folder, we may define our routes…database configuration, etc.…On the resources folder,…we will save our view files…and our templates.…Our source folder…will hold our controllers and models…which will be contained scattered in entity…repository, and resource file.…
Most of our work will be done in these two folders.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 35m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.