Create the basic directories and files for Your application. Kevin teaches a standard way to structure Your application which can be used for any project and explains why the directory structure and file names matter.
- [Instructor] Now that we have…a blueprint for our application,…let's begin creating the project files…that we're going to need.…I use a standard structure for all of my php projects…and it looks something like this.…I have the main project directory,…here I've just called it basic_php_project/,…but I would rename it to be whatever the project name was.…But then, inside of there,…I've got two subdirectories, or folders.…One is called public/ and one is called private/.…The idea is that we configure our web server…to serve content from the public directory.…
In other words, public/ becomes our web document route.…If our website was called coolsite.com,…then a request for coolsite.com would come to our web server…and our web server would look…for files in this public directory.…Therefore, everything in public/ is public.…This is the place where we'd put all of the webpages…that a user ought to be able to see, as well as images,…style sheets, java scripts, or any other media…or assets that our website needs to function.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.