The aim of this video is to make you understand how to display a user’s subscription status.
- (male narrator) Alright,…so now that we've gone ahead…and subscribed a user to a plan,…now we wanna actually create a better experience…to display the user's subscription status…back to them on their dashboard,…and that's gonna be the goal of today's video.…So, we're going to start off…by checking to see if the user is subscribed.…I'll show you guys how you can do that…on the front end and also on the back end.…And then we're also going to display…the current plan that the user is on…so that they can see it…and also so that we can check which one they're on.…Then we're gonna want to hide the checkout button…for whichever plan they're currently on.…
So if they're currently on the monthly plan,…we don't wanna show the monthly plan button…because they've already subscribed to that,…so we wanna hide that button from them…so they can't upgrade to that either.…Alright? So those are gonna be kinda the main focus points…of this video.…Alright, so here we are back inside of our project.…This is where we left off in the last video.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.