To diagnose a port conflict on Mac, a number of techniques are available. Learn about the conflict between two copies of the Apache HTTP server on Windows and a command that can be executed to find out which software uses a particular port.
- [Instructor] When you install more than one copy…of a particular server application, such as Apache or MySQL,…and then try to run both at the same time,…you can run into a port conflict.…And this can even happen with other software packages…that try to listen on the same port.…Apache, for example, listens on Port 80 by default,…and only one application at a time can listen on that port.…To demonstrate what can happen, I've installed MAMP,…the complete bundle that includes Apache and MySQL,…and I've also installed the separate components on Mac OS.…
Now, I'll show that I'm running those built-in components.…I'll go to Localhost in the browser, and I'll see It Works!…And I'll press Command + R a couple times to refresh,…and make sure that I'm hitting a live server.…And I'll also go to System Preferences to my MySQL pane,…and I'll show that my MySQL server instance is running.…Now I'll go over to MAMP.…I'll stop my servers, which are currently running…on the custom ports, then I'll go to Preferences,…and I'll change to ports 80 and 3306 and click okay.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.