To diagnose a port conflict on Windows, a number of techniques are available. Learn about the conflict between two copies of the Apache HTTP server on Windows and a command that can be executed to find out which software uses a particular port.
- [Instructor] As I've previously described,…you can only have one server application…listening on a particular port at a time.…A port is just a unique number,…and there's an agreement between an application…that's sending a message and one receiving it…about which number to listen on.…You can run multiple http servers, for example, but only one…of them can listen on the standard port, Port 80.…Others have to be configured to listen on unique ports,…and if you try to run more than one on a particular port,…you get a port conflict.…
I'll show you how to recognize and then how to resolve…port conflicts on Microsoft Windows.…I have both Apache and WampServer installed…on my computer right now.…Apache is installed in the C:\apache directory,…and it's been set up as a Windows service.…The WampServer applications are here on the system tray,…and if I go to Localhost, I see that WampServer is running.…Now, I'm going to try to start the Apache service…from the command line.…
I'll type, net start apache2.4.…I get a message, system error 5 has occurred.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.