An Apache "alias" is a virtual directory that's mapped to a physical directory on your hard disk. Setting up an alias takes a good bit of configuration, but WampServer automates the process. See the steps required to create an alias and how to define the changes that WampServer makes in the configuration files.
- [Instructor] By default, you store…all of your web documents under www,…under the WampServer installation directory.…But, for convenience you might want to manage…all of a particular website's files somewhere else,…in some particular directory on your hard disk.…You can do this by defining an alias directory.…In fact, there are a number of alias directories…already set up.…I'll go to the Administrative Menu,…then to Apache, to Alias directories.…And I'll see that there are directories…already configured for phpMyAdmin,…for adminer, and for phpSysInfo.…
And you can edit those aliases…or suppress them from the menu.…But I'm going to show you how to create…your own alias directory.…I'll start at my C-drive Root,…and I'll create a new directory here,…that I'll call "mysite".…Next, I'll copy my phpinfo.php file…from the exercise files directory, under PHP,…and I'll copy and paste the file…into my new directory.…And I'm doing this just to make sure…that after I've configured everything,…that I can actually retrieve files from the browser,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.