This video gives you an overview about how to create an event for new comments.
- [Instructor] Alright.…We are finally to the main event.…We're going to be creating an event for new comments.…So every time that we create a new comment,…we are going to broadcast that out to the world,…and we're gonna do that through creating a Laravel event.…So this is where we're actually going to handle…that processing, that broadcasting out,…and then we're going to also listen for the events…and trigger those dom updates automatically,…so all the magic is gonna kinda come together in this video.…So in this video, we're going to learn how…to create an event whenever a new comment is submitted,…and then we're also gonna talk about how we…can broadcast the event out to pusher.…
Okay, so let's go ahead and get started with that process.…Now the first step to do here,…because remember that all of our comments are working.…So we've got the comment working.…We can submit the comment.…It saves in the database.…It returns the response back to the user…and everything like that.…So it works perfectly for everybody that is on the page,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.