There are different environments for our application: development, staging, production, etc. While they should behave similarly, on your development environment you should output most (if not all) errors an warnings your application may have. Discover some of Symfony's tools that help you debug your application on your development environment.
- [Instructor] So we're seeing that our client ID…is not being saved and we don't know why.…But luckily for us Symfony comes with…a lot of tools to help us figure out why.…So let's open up our code...…And now let's create a debug view…that we're going to use for debugging.…Let's create a new view.…It's going to be called debug dot html dot twig.…And we're just going to copy the code from…any view...…Let's go back to debug...…
And let's remove all the html.…Now let's go to the browser.…And most frameworks come with a profiler…in which they tell us a lot of…information about our application.…It may be the queries we're running,…it may be how long our script is running.…In this case let's use it to debug.…So let's try to book another room.…So let's pick a date...…From Thursday to Sunday...…Now let's go back to our code and…instead of redirecting, let's load our view…with "return"…"this"…"render"…and it's going to be...…
debug dot html dot twig.…So let's do it now.…Let's go back to the browser.…And let's search again.…And let's try to book another room.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 35m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.