The aim of this video is to make you understand how to customize search result ranking.
- [Instructor] 'Kay, now in this video…I want to just go back to Algolia…and talk about how we can customize search rankings…and how elements are ranked inside of our search results.…This was covered a little bit in the Algolia tutorial…if you went through that.…So I just want to touch on it just to make sure…you guys got what you needed out of that tutorial…and I want to show you some important stuff…for us being able to rank elements in our results.…So, let's go ahead and take a look at that.…So in this video we are going to customize…how results are displayed in searches.…
We can view these indexes and test them in Algolia…and then we'll also add a few other cool features,…like typo support and things like that.…So most of this video is gonna be…inside the Algolia application,…inside of the web browsers,…so let's jump over there and get started.…So here we are inside of Algolia,…we're inside of our application,…and I'm inside of the indices over here on the left.…So we played around with this a little bit before,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.