This video covers the new middleware PSR from the FIG.
- Normally, when people dive into Middleware…with their favorite framework,…whether it's Slim or Silex or Laravel or whatever,…they find a great Middleware component…in another framework that they just have to use.…Of course, their hopes are crushed as they learn…that's it's not supporting in their framework of choice.…Or at least, that's how it used to work.…Luckily, in mid-2016 the PHP FIG…or the Framework Interopobility Group…published their recommendations on the design…and implementation of Middleware interfaces.…
In short, their whole goal is to make it so that Middleware…developed for any particular framework…works with all the others.…The MiddlewareInterface is the overall definition…of how all Middleware should be defined.…The ClientMiddlewareInterface defines the Middleware…used exclusively for client applications.…The ServerMiddlewareInterface defines the structure…of Middleware used in server-to-server operations.…And finally, the Frame and StackInterfaces…are most useful when you have a more complex workflow of…
This course begins with a simple application specification and builds it one step at a time. Each chapter includes a key concept, with examples from other public APIs, and then shows how to build it yourself with Slim. Learn about URL routing, validating input, and generating response codes and hypermedia payloads. Like any project, the first implementation may be a little messy but don't worry. The last chapter covers refactoring and what it takes to scale and support the API going forward.
- Understanding the project goals
- Setting up the database
- Adding authentication in Slim
- Using cross-framework and authentication middleware
- Creating a read-write API in Slim
- Uploading files via the API
- Adding file security
- Creating payloads and response codes in Slim
- Scaling your API
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP Date and Time Essential Trainingwith David Powers4h 31m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Project Explanation and Goals
2. Authentication Options and Tradeoffs
Cross framework middleware1m 32s
3. Create a Read-Write API
4. File Uploads via API
5. Scale Your API
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.