This video gives you an overview about how to create an event for new comments.
- [Instructor] Alright so it's time to go ahead…and finish up this section…by putting all of the pieces together.…So this should be a lot of fun.…We are going to start by listening to the event,…we're gonna learn how to trigger the event,…and how to prevent duplication in the DOM.…So wrapping up a lot of portions in this video.…So we're gonna start off by listening to the event in our…channel and we'll show you guys how to do that…and how we can set all the users up to listen to the event.…Then we're going to update the DOM in order to display…a new event or a new comment to the users.…We'll make sure to prevent duplication in the DOM,…and then I also wanna show you how you can customize…the payload for security reasons so that we…only pass what's absolutely important for our request.…
Alright so here we are back inside of our new comment.…And this is where you're kind of setting everything up.…At this point basically everything will work.…Now the one thing I wanna mention is that…as it stands right now we're gonna broadcast on this…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.