While you may use HTML and PHP to create your views (PHPTemplate), Symfony comes with a very powerful templating engine called Twig, which removes logic from the views and also allows you to inherit reusable elements on the view such as a header or a footer. Twig also comes with some powerful tools such as filters and also allows you to include other templates.
- [Instructor] So the design team at Landon Hotel has…been kind enough to give us the design in HTML files.…They are contained on the design folder inside our…resources folder.…Desktop, exercise files, resources, design.…Let's open home, and there we have our design in HTML.…We will want to add any repeating code on the template,…for example, every page will use a header and the…copyright footer, this is for the visual part,…but on the styles and functionality, we'll want to…add the style sheets and libraries, jQuery,…Pick-a-date plugin, foundation, et cetera,…that we might end up using.…
So let's start by opening our home dot HTML file on…the design folder, and let's copy the hml code…into our base twig.…Okay,…so let's copy, into our base twig.…We will also need all the source files for this…styles and libraries, let's copy them into our web folder.…CSS, images, js, pick-a-date,…we'll copy it, into our web folder.…
Now that we have our assets, we now need to define…blocks on our base template.…Blocks define variable sections of our view.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.