The aim of this video is to make you understand how to listen to an Echo channel and upgrade the room count.
- [Instructor] All right, so let's go ahead…and continue this video.…We're gonna be working in part two,…listening to the Echo channel and upgrading the room count.…In this vidoe, we're just going to try to subscribe…to that room channel, and then update the count…as users enter and leave the channel.…All right, so here we are back inside of the project.…Now, where we left off, we had created the data…to start storing the information for our,…you know, to do what we want it to do.…Now, how do we go ahead and actually start subscribing…to a channel?…And how do we update it as things change?…Well, that's how, where Laravel Echo comes in.…
So let's go ahead and create a method here.…So we're gonna call this methods.…And this methods is a, this is a vue.js thing.…And so this is where we can define additional methods…that we want to be able to use within our application.…So we can list all of them here.…We're gonna create one called listen.…And here, and this is one where,…so we can just call listen on our vue.js object,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.