Learn how to create a MySQL database table for storing data about bicycles.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a database…and we have a user that has the ability…to access that database from our application,…we're ready to create a database table…that's going to store the data…about the different bicycles that the…chain gang bicycle shop is going to be selling.…To do that, we'll need to create…a new table, using the SQl syntax.…So this is what the table structure is going to look like.…We're going to have a number of…different attributes, beginning with ID.…Every record is going to have an auto incrementing ID,…that's going to be its primary key.…
And then we're going to have columns that correspond…to the data that we saw in the table for each bicycle.…So we'll have brand, model, year, category,…gender, color, price, weight_kg for kilograms,…condition_ID, and description.…Now I know this is a lot of typing.…So rather than having to type all of this in,…I've provided you with a couple of snippets in the…exercise files that you can use to save yourself some time.…So if you open up create_table_bicycles.sql,…
Note: This is an intermediate-level training course that assumes you have existing knowledge of PHP. To refresh your skills, check out PHP Essential Training and PHP: Object-Oriented Programming.
- Creating a project database and tables
- Connecting to the database
- Database queries with OOP
- The active record design pattern
- Defining a database-driven class
- Performing common database tasks with OOP
- Creating inheritable and reusable code
- Object-oriented user authentication
- Object-oriented pagination
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Overview and Project Setup
2. The Database Connection
3. Define a Database-Driven Class
4. Object-Oriented CRUD
5. Object-Oriented Authentication
6. Object-Oriented Pagination
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.