In this video, you will log into MySQL from the command line to add and drop database tables from the database.
- [Instructor] In the last movie,…we created a database that we could use.…And now we're ready to add our first table…to that database.…The way that you create a table in MySQL…is using this syntax.…CREATE TABLE, and then the table name you want to create,…and then inside parentheses,…you're going to provide a set of definitions…for what the columns in that table are going to look like.…So you have column_name1, and then its definition,…a comma, and then column_name2, and its definition,…and so on.…And at the end, there's the opportunity…to provide a few extra options…for how you're going to create that table.…
We'll look at this in more detail.…Once you've created a table,…then you can show the tables,…just like we showed databases.…We can call SHOW TABLES to know what the tables are.…We can show the columns that are from that table,…to see what its structure looks like,…and we can drop the table.…Just like we drop the database,…you can drop a whole table,…which of course erases all its data at the same time.…So, what are we going to create for our database table?…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.