Entities in the context of Symfony (and other frameworks) refer to an abstraction of a class that you can use to represent an object in real life inside your application. An example of this will be our Client Entity. This class will represent any given customer of the Landon Hotel. You can use Symfony's command-line tools to generate the entities and to create the DB structure.
- [Narrator] So far, our examples have…not connected to the Database in any way.…One concept we need to understand in Doctrine…is that Doctrine itself can generate a lot of what…we're going to use for the Database.…So let's open up our files, Chapter four, 04_02, start…and let's drag it to Visual Studio Code…and now let's open our Database configuration file.…
Which is parameters.yml and let's make sure…we have the right credentials.…Let's open our command shell and let's type…mysql -u for the user, in this case I'm going to be using root,…I'm going to be using password and my root password is root,…so I'm just going to type it right after -p…and -h which will refer to the host,…I'm going to use 127.0.0.1, which refers to my local machine.…
And if I press Enter, on some machines it may connect…and on some others it may not.…In this case, I'm going to change a little bit,…instead of 127.0.0.1, I'm going to use localhost.…And with this I confirm that the credentials are correct,…so let's use those credentials on the file.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.