A controller is not only the gateway between the entry point and our application, but also the entity in charge of controlling what to show and how to show it. The controller will be designated to a class and such a class will have methods (or actions) with which we can get the data from models and present it to the browser in the form of HTML, XML, or even a JSON format.Explore how the controller is the glue between the data models, the entry point, and the presented view.
- [Instructor] We hear a lot about the Model-View-Controller…or MVC paradigm,…but also about one of its core points…which is the controller.…Most PHP frameworks…have a very blunt implementation of controllers…because it's the cornerstone of the MVC paradigm.…We hear a lot about the Model-View-Controller…or MVC paradigm…and also about one of its core component…which is the controller.…Most PHP frameworks…have a very blunt implementation of controllers…because it's the cornerstone of the MVC paradigm.…
That's not to say it's more important…than the other components, the model or the view,…but it's the one in charge of loading the application data…and passing it into the view.…A controller in Symfony is very straightforward.…Its implementation is no different…than other similar frameworks…like Zend, CodeIgniter or even CakePHP,…but let's define exactly what the controller is…in the Symfony context.…Well, once a framework is loaded,…the controller is the entry point of an application.…
It's the first component that is loaded…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing PHP Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.