Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring session, part of PHP: Managing Persistent Sessions.
- Sessions are enabled by default in PHP,…but there are some 30 configuration directives…that lets you fine tune how they work.…I don't intend to cover every single directive,…but we'll focus on the most important,…starting with the basic defaults.…Session.auto_start controls whether a session…starts automatically for every request.…It defaults to 0, which means it's disabled.…This is more flexible because starting…a session automatically, prevents you from changing…other session settings on individual pages.…
- Configuring sessions
- Inspecting how session data is stored
- Implementing persistent sessions
- Creating a SQL database to store session data
- Implementing the PHP SessionHandlerInterface
- Writing session data
- Closing and destroying sessions
- Creating an auto-login system with persistent sessions
- Creating persistent logins
- Checking out visitor credentials
- Authenticating users
- Logging out users selectively
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Sessions and Security
2. Preparing the Database
Connecting to the database5m 49s
3. Storing Session Data in MySQL
4. Creating an Autologin System
5. Testing the Autologin System
Final thoughts3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.