The aim of this video is to make you understand how to configure and install Laravel Scout.
- [Instructor] All right, so now that we went ahead,…we got our project set up, we now have our little…blog application, let's say we want to install…a search functionality in that.…And so we're gonna go ahead and configure…and install Laravel Scout in this video.…So throughout this video, we're just gonna start off…by installing the Laravel Scout package.…We're gonna deploy the configuration file,…take a look at the configuration file to see…what is needed and what options we have,…we'll talk a little bit about them,…and that will be it for this video.…Then we'll move on to learning a little bit more…about how search works,…and then actually running our indexes.…
All right, so just like with any package,…if we want to install Laravel Scout,…we're gonna install it just like other packages.…We're gonna do composer require,…and then the name of the package.…In our case it's laravel slash scout.…Pretty easy stuff, go ahead and click Enter…to install Laravel Scout into our project,…of course making sure you're inside of your project…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.