Versions of macOS prior to 10.8 Mountain Lion had a feature that allowed easy creation of a personal website folder and a subfolder of the user Home folder named Sites that simplified web addressing. Learn how to utilize Terminal and a text editor to replicate this in later versions of macOS.
- [Instructor] A personal website folder is a sub-folder…of your home folder.…By convention, it's named Sites.…It can actually be named anything you like,…but in versions of Mac OS prior to 10.8 Mountain Lion…there was feature that created this folder automatically…and it always named it the same.…Even though that feature no longer exists,…you can do the same thing in recent versions…of Mac OS by just following a few steps in terminal…and by making some configuration changes.…The steps I'll describe here work in every version…of Mac OS starting with 10.9 Mavericks.…
If you're working with an older version of the…operating system and therefore are using an…older version of Apache, your steps will be…a little bit different.…Your first step is to create the sites folder.…Go to your home directory.…If you can't find it easily you can press…command, shift, g, in finder and then type the…utility character and that will always take you…to your own personal home directory.…Now create a new folder and name it Sites…with an uppercase S.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.