The aim of this video is to give you an overview of how to set up a Pusher account.
- Alright, so now it's time to continue setting up…our project, and by setting up Pusher.…So we're gonna head over to the Pusher.com website…and get started on this.…We're going to create a Pusher account and then…we're going to get some API credentials,…and we'll fill those into Laravel,…so then we're ready to get up and start working with…WebSockets and Laravel Echo.…Alright, so now here we are on Pusher.com…be sure to head over there,…you can take a look at their website.…But Pusher is what's going to allow us…to start working with WebSockets.…So we're going to go ahead and create an account on here,…to start using some realtime features.…
I'm just gonna register with GitHub…you can sign up with your email, Google, however you want.…I'm gonna log in with GitHub, and then…here's my account here.…So here you can see, everything,…a dashboard of what you're using…and what we're going to want to do to get started…is we're going to want to create a new application,…so we're going to come over here, do app,…and we're going to click create app,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.