The Apache HTTP server has a default document directory which is configured in the httpd.conf file with the DocumentRoot setting. Learn how to find that setting and how to change it so Apache points to a different location on your hard disk.
- [Instructor] Each distribution of the Apache http server,…sets its document route in a different place.…Your documents will be placed…depending on which distribution you're using.…For example, the version of Apache that's included on Mac…places its documents under library, web server, documents.…While on MAMP, it's under htdocs…under the application directory.…Over on Windows, it's under htdocs,…under the Apache installation directory.…It's important to know how to change this setting,…so you know exactly where your web documents are stored.…
You do this by making changes…to the Apache configuration file, httpd.conf.…On Mac, this file is under etc/apache2.…If you're working on Windows or Linux,…you'll need to figure out…where your Apache installation directory is…and then where your httpd file is.…On Mac, you should always edit this file…using the nano editor.…If you're working on Windows,…you can open the file in any text editor.…I'll open the file with sudo nano, and then the file name.…
When prompted, I'll type in the password and the file opens.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.