The MAMP user interface offers a number of options for managing Apache, MySQL, and PHP installation. This video uses MAMP 4.0.6 from October 2016. Learn how versions differ and how to use the Preferences menu to explore the available options.
- [Instructor] MAMP offers a number of options…for managing your Apache, MySQL, and PHP installation.…I'm using MAMP 4.1.…If you have a different version,…the user interface might be a little bit different.…All of your options are available under Preferences.…There are five tabs labeled Start/Stop,…Ports, PHP, Web Server, and MySQL…and I'll go through them one at a time.…On the Start/Stop tab, you can indicate…how you want to manage your servers.…
By default, the servers start when you start up…the MAMP application.…You can change that if you like,…and you can also change the behavior…that happens when you quit the MAMP application.…For example, checking this option will leave…the servers running even when the application isn't open.…I'm going to turn that off because I like…the default setup.…The Ports tab lets you change the ports…for Apache and MySQL.…By default, you're using custom ports,…and this allows you to run more than one copy…of Apache and MySQL on the same computer.…
So for example, I could be running the version…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.