The aim of this video is to give you an overview about how to configure and install Socialite.
- [Narrator] Hello and welcome to…the Laravel 5 Recipes course.…And this first section we're going to talk about…Laravel Socialite, which is the official package that's used…to add social sign-on abilities…to the basic Laravel authentication.…So all of this is built on the basic authentication…that we worked on on the first few volumes…or if you didn't get to watch those volumes,…it's the basic authentication…that is set up with Laravel out of the box…and Laravel Socialite adds a bunch of social…sign-on features on top of that,…allowing us to easily start setting up…and allowing users to sign-in through social networks.…
So throughout this section,…what we're gonna focus on is starting off by configuring…and installing Socialite.…We'll get our new project up and running…and get Socialite set up on there and configure it.…In the next video we'll talk about how it works,…how social sign-on works,…how Oauth 2 works and stuff like that.…Then we'll actually go and create a login…so that you can login with Facebook…into our new application.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.