With PHP's current object implementation we now have a more useful way to organize our code. It also means that libraries made by others can be used and shared by many. Composer comes to grant us a tool to install these libraries and implement them very easily. See a few examples of how you can implement an external library into your application.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got our application up…and running, let's see a set of interesting features…about Symfony.…Composer is a library handler by Excellence for PHP.…It helps us load and use any library and/or dependencies…and makes it very simple to use them.…Symfony relies heavily on Composer.…So it's ready to load new libraries…and use them without much configuration.…Though this also depends on the library.…Let's load a library not included in Symfony called Guzzle.…
Guzzle helps us connect to services, such as APIs.…So, let's go to our code, Exercise Files, CH05.…Let's drag it into Visual Studio Code.…And let's open our composer.json file…and let's also open up our vendor folder.…So let's add to the require branch,…let's add the following:…"guzzlehttp/guzzle": "^6.2".…
And now let's go to our command line…and run composer update.…Let's go back to our code, and as we can see,…in the Vendor folder, we now have a Guzzle folder.…Now let's use the newly acquired library.…So let's create a new route that's open on our controller.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 35m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.