The aim of this video is to make you understand how to perform client-side searches.
- [Instructor] All right, so we have done a lot…with Laravel Scout in the past few videos,…and in the previous video…we finished setting up server-side searching.…So we actually had a workable search engine…in our application which is really cool.…Now what we wanna work on is client-side searching,…and so we're gonna finish up…by building a client-side search experience.…And this is gonna be the most popular experience…you tend to work with in your applications today…because it creates a very responsive…and high-quality-feeling experience.…As users type they see the results appear live…and that's what we're gonna be building in this video.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.