Learn a number of different approaches to installing the AMP stack. This video focuses on each component of the AMP stack individually and shows where to get the software components.
- [Instructor] There are a number of different ways…to install Apache, MySQL,…and PHP on your Development computer.…In this course,…I'm going to cover a number of different strategies.…On Windows, Mac, and Linux I'll describe…how to install individual components, that is,…the individual installers from the software vendors.…On Windows, that means you have…to go get each individual software package…and download it from the vendors.…You'll get the Apache HTTP Server…from a website called Apache Lounge…and you'll get PHP and MySQL directly…from the vendor websites.…
On Macs both Apache and PHP are included…with the operating system,…you just have to know how to turn them on…and how to configure them.…You'll get MySQL, though, from the software vendor.…And on Linux I'll show you how to download everything…from the command line using the built-in package manager.…My focus in the chapter on Linux will be on Ubuntu Linux…because it's the most popular desktop distribution…of Linux these days.…There are variations from one Linux distribution to another,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.