Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing session defaults, part of Managing PHP Persistent Sessions.
- Most of the default configuration directives for sessions…are fine, but you need to check how your server is set up…by running phpinfo.…I've got a file to do that here,…so let's just load that into a browser.…And we need to scroll down to find…the section labeled session.…All the php modules are listed in alphabetical order.…So it's quite near the bottom.…There we are, session.…These are all the default settings on my local…testing server, and some of them need changing.…
The values we need to check are listed here…under local value, and if I scroll down a little we can see…that session_use_cookies is set to on,…but session_use_only_cookies, is set to off.…So that needs to be changed.…Let's take a quick look at where you can change…the settings.…Php offers a wide choice of options for where…session configuration directives can be changed.…You can change them for the whole server in the…main configuration file, php.ini.…
If your server runs on Apache, you can also change them…in the Apache configuration file…httpd.conf…
- Configuring sessions
- Inspecting how session data is stored
- Implementing persistent sessions
- Creating a SQL database to store session data
- Implementing the PHP SessionHandlerInterface
- Writing session data
- Closing and destroying sessions
- Creating an auto-login system with persistent sessions
- Creating persistent logins
- Checking out visitor credentials
- Authenticating users
- Logging out users selectively
Skill Level Intermediate
Accessing Databases with Object-Oriented PHPwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Sessions and Security
2. Preparing the Database
Connecting to the database5m 49s
3. Storing Session Data in MySQL
4. Creating an Autologin System
5. Testing the Autologin System
Final thoughts3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.