In this challenge assignment, you are asked to create all the PHP necessary for the CRUD of the pages portion of the CMS.
- [Instructor] It's time for another challenge assignment.…Similar to the other challenges we've had,…your goal is going to be to take the work that we've done…throughout this chapter on the Subjects area,…and do it for yourself in the Pages area.…To develop the Pages CRUD.…Let's go over the points that you need to make sure you hit.…First, you want to make sure that…you can read back a single page.…In the last chapter we already added pages/index.php…So you have a list of pages, now we want to find…a single page using its ID.…Next, you want to enable our form…that we already have for new.php,…just submit those form values to the database…in order to create a new record.…
Then you'll want to update an existing record,…remember, this is a two part process.…First, you need to read the existing database record,…so that we can display the form with those values.…And then, once it's submitted, then you actually will…update the data in the database.…And finally, the last item in our CRUD,…is to delete a page. Pass in a page iD…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.