In this challenge assignment, you are asked to build a PHP page which links to another page, send and read a URL parameter with proper URL encoding, and display the results using proper HTML encoding.
- [Narrator] It's time for your first challenge assignment.…Over the last two chapters,…we've covered the basics of building web pages with PHP.…I've been demonstrating concepts…by working with the subjects area…of our content management system.…From our initial project blueprint,…we know that our content will be divided…into subjects and into pages…and we'll need to be able to manage the pages…of our project as well.…Your challenge assignment is to do the same work…that I did on the subjects area,…but to do it for the pages area.…Let's run through some of the points…that you'll want to make sure that you hit.…
First, we know that we're going to need to have a link…from the main staff menu that'll take us to this pages area,…so we want to put a link from /staff/index.php…that'll take us to /staff/pages/index.php.…We already had a placeholder in place for that.…You're then going to want to take that placeholder…and replace it with the correct HTML and PHP…for the pages index,…that is a list of the pages that we can work with.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.