In this challenge assignment, you are asked to build a PHP form which will submit to itself, detect when it has been submitted, and read the form parameters.
- [Instructor] It's time for another challenge assignment…and like the challenge assignment that we had before,…your goal is going to be to take the work that we did…inside the subjects management area…and to do the same thing inside the pages management area.…Let's go over the points that you need to make sure you hit.…The first is that you'll want to add a form…under staff/pages/new.php.…Replace any placeholder code you might have there…and put in the correct page to display…a form for creating a new page.…Then you'll want to take that form and modify it…so that you can also have an edit form…so that you can edit an existing page.…
You want to make sure that you add links to both pages…from pages/index.php…and remember that in the link to the edit.php page,…editing will require having a page ID…so that that's accessible and that eventually…that page can go to the database…and retrieve an existing page.…Once you've got that, then work on the form processing.…Use single-page form processing for both of the forms.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.