This video gives you an overview about how to cancel a subscription.
- [Instructor] All right, so now that we've gone ahead…and allowed users to modify their subscription,…there is one last subscription…modification that we need to talk about…and that is canceling the subscription.…Now, there are a few things that we need to be careful of…in Stripe that I want to make sure that you're aware of…before you get started with this, and we'll go over all…of those in this video.…So, we'll talk about how to cancel a subscription,…how Stripe handles cancellations, and then how you can…instantly cancel a subscription.…All right, so we'll go over all these details right now.…All right, so here we are inside of our payments controller.…Now, if you guys remember, we created a new route…for cancel, so if we go to /cancel…it's gonna go to payments controllers@cancel.…
So we can create a new function here that is going to…cancel our subscription.…So let's do that now.…Public function cancel and we actually aren't gonna…request anything.…This is a simple get request.…Now, normally for a cancellation you're gonna want to…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.