CRUD—short for create, read, update, delete—represents the fYour most common operations performed on a database. Learn the MySQL syntax necessary to perform each one with SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE.
- [Narrator] At the beginning of this chapter,…I introduced you to this acronym: CRUD, C-R-U-D.…In this movie, we're going to learn…how you implement CRUD in MySQL.…You recall that CRUD is an acronym…for the four most basic operations…that we perform on databases:…Create, Read, Update, and Delete,…and these are the four things that we're going to do…over and over and over again with MySQL,…so we need to learn the syntax…that we can use to perform each one of these…and there's a specific syntax…and it's different for each one.…
So let's first start by looking at read,…this is the one we're going be performing the most often.…The idea is that we're reading information…back from the database,…we do that far more often than we create,…update, or delete data, we're constantly reading data back.…The way that we read data in MySQL…is with the select command.…So select and then we say what we want…to bring back from the database table.…I've got an asterisk because I want to bring back…all columns, so it's a while card saying,…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.